Sunday, March 12, 2006

More Painting

Jen and I got the baby's crib put together a couple days ago and today I painted Jen's old computer desk to match the baby's room. Here are pictures. No one would have any idea that just a few short weeks ago this room was the nerd's domain! It is really looking good. Mostly because Jen has the vision and artistic abilities that I will never have. If it were up to me, the kid would be staring at white walls and be sung to sleep by the soft whisper of the many fans in the computers while cradled in the soft glow of the monitors. For those that care, here is a picture of the new and improved computer room. This was taken while I was engaged in an all night battle of carnage and magic in the world of Final Fantasy. Yes the computer on the right is a video conference of my friends while they were all at another guy's house. I don't like to drive home at 5:00am after a 10-12 hour bout of leveling up and slaying anything that gets in my way. I'm actually known as a "tank" in the game. Cause while my friends are busy casting spells and healing, mostly me, I'm wailing away at whatever kind of monster stands between me and the ever so coveted - next level. I'm not so much into the whole wizards and magic stuff, I just like to kill things and get rewarded for it. Wow, that was a little too much geek, even for me.

So next on the list for the baby’s room is to hang a couple little shelves and just finish up odds and ends. I actually wanted to get some other things done today, but just wasn’t up to it. I still need to build a shelf for the computer room to go in the closet, hehe more power tools. And then, I have to build a tool hanger for the garage, you know you put shovels and stuff on it. I found that they are kind of expensive and the wood is cheap if you don’t mind doing it yourself. Of course, building it yourself means – I get to play with my new power tools. I got a new circular saw a couple of weeks ago and still haven’t taken it out of the box. I even bought all the wood, maybe writing this out will encourage me to go do something with them and actually get them built. Naa.

Oh so then I was defeated by an inanimate object, again. Jen and I tried to put the baby seat in her car today. That didn’t work out so well. The stupid little strap that they give you to hook to the latches isn’t long enough. So I “made” it fit. I don’t like the way it sits in the car and I really don’t think the way I “made” it fit is really a good thing. I ran the strap around the seat instead of under it, which is how they say to do it in the manual. So tomorrow Jen and I are going to take it down to the fire station and have a professional hook it up for us. Some things are just too complicated for someone as simple as me. Quick I need something to make me feel better - now where did I leave my advanced algorithms book?

Thats all for now. Jen and I hope everyone is doing well and we miss all you guys in the NorthWest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home