Recap of last week
So much has happened in the last week, I should really gather all my thoughts so that this blog is at least a little coherent. Here goes…
Last Thursday Jen and I went out for our anniversary. We celebrated 10years together and 4years married! Mostly it was for the married one, but it is very cool that we have been together for this long. On the advice of a friend at work we went to this great restaurant called Ruth’s Cris. It is a very nice steak house, kind of uppity but not like smug uppity. I had a giant Fillet Mignon and Jen had the same but in a smaller cut. The food was outstanding and the service was great. The best part was the restaurant was literally a stone’s throw away from Jen’s work, so it was very easy for us to get there after work.
Then on Friday Jen and I went to get an ultrasound done. It was mostly just for Jen, I tried to get them to do my stomach but they wouldn’t, those jerks. Anyway, this was a different place than where we went last time. These guys had the cool new 3D ultrasound machine. It was really cool, they do the normal 2D view while they check everything out and do the measurements to see how far along the baby is and to make sure everything is progressing well. Then they switch it over to the 3D view for the face pictures. I think this is mostly just for the parent’s sake as I didn’t see the operator use the 3D view for any other reason other than to hear us say “Uh, ohhhhhh.” This place also had the ability to copy all the pictures they took to a CD, which made it a lot easier for me to post them as I don’t have a scanner. The other pictures of Caitlin at 9 weeks were just printouts from the other place, and then I took a digital picture of them with our camera and messed with them a little to get them to look right. Here are the new pictures. In the 3D picture Caitlin has her hands in the way so it looks a little funny. They took a few pictures of her like that but this one was the best. I like the profile shot of the 2D picture.
We didn’t have to go to the fire station after all for the baby seat. Jen’s brother and his girlfriend were able to put the seat in the correct way. As it turns out there were other latches that I didn’t know about in the seat. One crisis averted. Now we will be able to bring Caitlin home safe and sound in her car seat. We will eventually get pictures of Jen’s car and post them too, I know we have been getting requests but well, we are lazy.
The cat has been weird lately. I think we aren’t spending enough time with her or something. I think she is beginning to suspect that something is up around here. She has become a very affectionate lap-cat in the last few weeks, which for her isn’t normal. She will normally only sit on your lap if you have a blanket on, which of course is only in the winter and around here in Arizona that means you might use the blanket for about a week or two out of the entire year. Now the cat jumps in your lap every time you sit down.
Today, being Monday, Jen went to her doctor for a regular checkup. She is doing really well and is getting very close. After she told me I went around a grossed out my friends at work. That was probably a bad thing, but I had to tell someone and I didn’t think she wanted me to write it in the blog. We don’t think Jen is going to make it all the way to April 15th like they said she should. It looks like it is going to happen here in the next 1 to 2 weeks!
Finally to end the day Jen and I went to pick out a pair of glasses for me. I haven’t bought new glasses in years. My current pair is 2 prescriptions out of date, which makes them about 4 or 5 years old. We went to the Wal-Mart of course. Jen helped me pick out a nice pair that looks good on me, unlike the pair I have now that have been referred to as “Harry Potter glasses.”
I’ll try to post stuff more often. It will get a little hectic around here in a couple weeks, as you can imagine, but I’ll still try to get some stuff up here anyway.
Last Thursday Jen and I went out for our anniversary. We celebrated 10years together and 4years married! Mostly it was for the married one, but it is very cool that we have been together for this long. On the advice of a friend at work we went to this great restaurant called Ruth’s Cris. It is a very nice steak house, kind of uppity but not like smug uppity. I had a giant Fillet Mignon and Jen had the same but in a smaller cut. The food was outstanding and the service was great. The best part was the restaurant was literally a stone’s throw away from Jen’s work, so it was very easy for us to get there after work.
Then on Friday Jen and I went to get an ultrasound done. It was mostly just for Jen, I tried to get them to do my stomach but they wouldn’t, those jerks. Anyway, this was a different place than where we went last time. These guys had the cool new 3D ultrasound machine. It was really cool, they do the normal 2D view while they check everything out and do the measurements to see how far along the baby is and to make sure everything is progressing well. Then they switch it over to the 3D view for the face pictures. I think this is mostly just for the parent’s sake as I didn’t see the operator use the 3D view for any other reason other than to hear us say “Uh, ohhhhhh.” This place also had the ability to copy all the pictures they took to a CD, which made it a lot easier for me to post them as I don’t have a scanner. The other pictures of Caitlin at 9 weeks were just printouts from the other place, and then I took a digital picture of them with our camera and messed with them a little to get them to look right. Here are the new pictures. In the 3D picture Caitlin has her hands in the way so it looks a little funny. They took a few pictures of her like that but this one was the best. I like the profile shot of the 2D picture.
We didn’t have to go to the fire station after all for the baby seat. Jen’s brother and his girlfriend were able to put the seat in the correct way. As it turns out there were other latches that I didn’t know about in the seat. One crisis averted. Now we will be able to bring Caitlin home safe and sound in her car seat. We will eventually get pictures of Jen’s car and post them too, I know we have been getting requests but well, we are lazy.
The cat has been weird lately. I think we aren’t spending enough time with her or something. I think she is beginning to suspect that something is up around here. She has become a very affectionate lap-cat in the last few weeks, which for her isn’t normal. She will normally only sit on your lap if you have a blanket on, which of course is only in the winter and around here in Arizona that means you might use the blanket for about a week or two out of the entire year. Now the cat jumps in your lap every time you sit down.
Today, being Monday, Jen went to her doctor for a regular checkup. She is doing really well and is getting very close. After she told me I went around a grossed out my friends at work. That was probably a bad thing, but I had to tell someone and I didn’t think she wanted me to write it in the blog. We don’t think Jen is going to make it all the way to April 15th like they said she should. It looks like it is going to happen here in the next 1 to 2 weeks!
Finally to end the day Jen and I went to pick out a pair of glasses for me. I haven’t bought new glasses in years. My current pair is 2 prescriptions out of date, which makes them about 4 or 5 years old. We went to the Wal-Mart of course. Jen helped me pick out a nice pair that looks good on me, unlike the pair I have now that have been referred to as “Harry Potter glasses.”
I’ll try to post stuff more often. It will get a little hectic around here in a couple weeks, as you can imagine, but I’ll still try to get some stuff up here anyway.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home