Starting the weekend off right!
Our weekend started on Friday night when Jen and I spent 3 hours in the hospital. Jen wasn’t feeling very good and thought there might be something wrong. As it turns out her and the baby are just fine. It took so long because they took Jen’s blood and had to run some tests on it. We got to sit in a very small room with Jen on a not so comfortable bed and me in a very non-padded chair waiting for the test results. Jen had all kinds of sensors and probes hooked up to her, one of which was monitoring the baby’s heart beat. It was kind of relaxing to hear her heart. It beats really fast. Every now and then Caitlin would roll over out of range of the monitor and it would just stop making any noise. More than once Caitlin kicked the monitor, and it made a whoooosh sound. I told her to keep it up and kick it if it bothers her! Oh right, of course the nurses wigged out when they saw Jen’s blood pressure, which is always a little high when she gets nervous. The nurses non-the-less always think she is on the verge of preeclampsia. They just told her to stay off her feet this weekend and since she has a normal doctor’s visit on Monday anyway to just take it easy. We both crashed when we got home, it was only about 10:30 but being in the hospital sorta sucks the life out of you.
Saturday was really great for me, I bought a dirt bike! I’ve wanted one for years ever since I got rid of my old one and now and I finally got it. One of my brother’s friends just happened to be selling his Kawasaki KX 500, so I decided to go take a look. OMG!! This bike is awesome! I took it down the street for a test ride, after I hit second gear and rolled on the throttle the front end rolled up with it! This thing will wheelie on demand! I’ve only ridden a 500cc bike for a little while when my dad had his, and that was years ago, for the most part I had always had a 250, but again years ago. I was excited to hear about this guy’s bike because my brother has known him for years and we trust him. I know he has kept the bike in good condition. This is a bike that I will be able to ride for years and never out-grow. It has so much power on-tap but is also able to putt around and do trail riding on. We were going to go riding on Sunday with Ben, the guy I bought the bike from, but it rained this morning and my honey-do list was growing. I thought it would be a better idea to finish up some of the things around the house. Here are pictures of the bike.
So today, Sunday, I busted out my power tools and built the shelf that I’ve been meaning to do for a while. My new circular saw works like a champ. I changed out the 24 tooth blade for a 150 tooth. The cuts were really smooth. I even got to use the sawhorses. Here is the finished product. Jen and I headed over to Lowes and got some things for the bike. I thought it would be a good idea to get a tarp to cover it with since it won’t fit in the garage and the sun will eat it up in a hurry. While we were there we picked up a cable and lock for it too as our neighborhood has some undesirables roaming about. Hence the ADT on the house.
Hope everyone had as good a weekend or better.
Saturday was really great for me, I bought a dirt bike! I’ve wanted one for years ever since I got rid of my old one and now and I finally got it. One of my brother’s friends just happened to be selling his Kawasaki KX 500, so I decided to go take a look. OMG!! This bike is awesome! I took it down the street for a test ride, after I hit second gear and rolled on the throttle the front end rolled up with it! This thing will wheelie on demand! I’ve only ridden a 500cc bike for a little while when my dad had his, and that was years ago, for the most part I had always had a 250, but again years ago. I was excited to hear about this guy’s bike because my brother has known him for years and we trust him. I know he has kept the bike in good condition. This is a bike that I will be able to ride for years and never out-grow. It has so much power on-tap but is also able to putt around and do trail riding on. We were going to go riding on Sunday with Ben, the guy I bought the bike from, but it rained this morning and my honey-do list was growing. I thought it would be a better idea to finish up some of the things around the house. Here are pictures of the bike.
So today, Sunday, I busted out my power tools and built the shelf that I’ve been meaning to do for a while. My new circular saw works like a champ. I changed out the 24 tooth blade for a 150 tooth. The cuts were really smooth. I even got to use the sawhorses. Here is the finished product. Jen and I headed over to Lowes and got some things for the bike. I thought it would be a good idea to get a tarp to cover it with since it won’t fit in the garage and the sun will eat it up in a hurry. While we were there we picked up a cable and lock for it too as our neighborhood has some undesirables roaming about. Hence the ADT on the house.
Hope everyone had as good a weekend or better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home